Briggs Building 1936

Original Filename: Briggs_Blding.jpg (view)

Original Size: 1.2 MB

Original Image Type: image/pjpeg

Briggs Building 1936.

Caption

Designed and built for Englishman Frederick Henry Briggs who ran his electrical business from there, he ran a motor shop prior to 1934 as early as 1913.

Source : "Rotorua CBD Built Heritage Study" c2006.

Housed the first Bicycle shop in Rotorua "The Byko" which had been in business in Rotorua since 1917, and Briggs Florist.

Mr Briggs first established his electrical contracting business from the back if Mr C.S. King's cabinetmaking factory in 1924 and eventually sold his business to electrian Mr S.F. Turnbull who had worked with Mr Briggs for 33 years. "Daily Post" September 1968.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion