Topic: Max McDonald Yerex

Topic type:

Brief Biography

Mr Max Yerex and his wife moved to Rotorua about 1935, from Auckland, when employed by the Automobile Association as Patrolman for the district, he was soon involved in the community. He was a member of the Home and School Association, the Rotorua Boy Scouts Association, the British Drama League and Rotorua Yacht and Power Boat Club.  During c1949 they opened one of Rotorua's first motels, the Autohaven Lodge at 133 Pukuatua Street and continued there until approximately 1963.  He was elected to the Borough Council 1950-1955 and was Chairman of the Parks and Reserves Committee.

Excerpt from Rotorua Post 15 Nov 1947, and 28 Oct 1953.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion