Topic: Odeon Theatre

Topic type:

Cnr Tutanekai & Pukaki Streets

Built on the site of the old Rotorua House, boarding house. The house was demolished c1962 in order to build the theatre/cinema.  Opened on 21st March 1966 and closed 23rd September 1993. Owned and operated by Rotorua Civic Theatres Ltd, 1940

"Incorporated in the Odeon Theatre building are 8 shops, originally the idea was to create a ladies shopping  area with such shops as clothing, chemist, hairdresser, and cake retail" Excerpt from Daily Post. 18 March 1966

Search the Daily Post index on Rotorua District Library's HiP catalogue for more information and also the "Rotorua Theatres" booklet compiled by Allan Webb held in the Don Stafford Room on the 2nd Floor of the Library.

 

Now Destiny Church (2012), previously known as Lake City Church, who own the building.

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 1 comments in this discussion.

Read and join this discussion

join this discussion

Odeon Theatre


City:Rotorua
Location:

1158 Pukaki St, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand


Latitude and Longitude coordinates: -38.1340739,176.2519085

javascript needs to be on to use Google Maps