St Lukes Church
Original Filename: Kete_25Jun12_001.jpg (view)
Original Size: 2.2 MB
Original Image Type: image/pjpeg
Cnr of Pukuatua and Amohia Streets. Photograph taken by Alison Leigh 25 June 2012.
This building is strongly associated with the Anglican faith in Rotorua, it replaced the original 1899 St Lukes Church in Haupapa Street (now a carpark 2012). The side chapel acts as a memorial to war dead. It is a good example of the work of architects Deacon and Stock. From "Rotorua CBD Built Heritage Study" c2006.