Topic: Bath House

Topic type:

The opening of the Bath House on 13 August 1908

Bath House opening

The Bath House building, designed to put Rotorua on the international spa map, was opened on 13 August 1908 by the Prime Minister, Joseph Ward. The opening, which included a significant Māori element, was timed to coincide with the visit of a US naval fleet to Auckland. Many of the sailors attended, along with locals.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Bath House


City:Rotorua
Location:

Queens Drive, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand


Latitude and Longitude coordinates: -38.13644,176.25822199999993

javascript needs to be on to use Google Maps