Topic: Tourist Enquiry Office

Topic type:

The Rotorua Tourist Bureau was supposedly the first local tourist information office in the world.

The Department of Tourist and Health Resorts opened the Rotorua Tourist Enquiry Office in 1902. It was originally located in the Bath House building, and included a small dark-room for use by visiting photographers.

It proved so popular that new premises were sought, and in 1903 the office moved to a new specially-built building in Fenton Street, near the Post Office.

The Public Relations Office was opened in Rotorua on 12 December 1955.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Tags

Tourist Enquiry Office


Postal Address:Government Gardens, The Bath House
City:Rotorua