Topic: Taniwha Springs

Topic type:

Tourist Destination and Ngongotaha Water Supply

Located on Hamurana Road the Springs was a popular destination from 1957 run by A. Hiscoke and H. Baldwin and when closed in 1976 was owned by Mr Les Perks. The land and Spring later went back to Ngati Rangiwewehi.

Taniwha Springs: The original name of the spring is Te Puna o Pukehau. Source: http://www.eastonbh.ac.nz/2009/06/the-commercial-value-of-taniwha-springs/

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion