Topic: Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Rotorua

Topic type:

A photo album created by Kay Taylor

This photograph album was created by Kay Taylor and includes the years when QE was the 'Services Convalescent Hospital' opened in 1942 under the command of Wilfred Stanley (Stan) Wallis, providing rehabilitation to soldiers returning from World War II.

It was renamed the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in 1948 and began to specialise in the treatment of rheumatic disease. Today the facility is known as QE Health.

 Kay Taylor has kindly given permission for the reproduction of these photos. Any use of the images should acknowledge QE Health.

A history of this facility is available from "Hospital on a hotspot" by Susan Butterworth. The Rotorua District Library has borrowable copies available from the 2nd Floor, New Zealand History & Travel section.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion